Terms and Conditions

AHSDC admits all Sprites and Midgets onto the Club Permit Scheme (CPS) as long as the car is 25 years or older. Other cars may be allowed onto the CPS solely at the discretion of the Club Committee.

Members with cars on the CPS must read and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:

  • CPS administered by AHSDC is only open to financial members of AHSDC. Once members resign or let their membership lapse the permit will be deemed to have ceased. Membership is deemed to have lapsed as of the 1st January in the following new year.
  • CPS is not “registration for old cars” or for that matter registration of the car; it is a permit for the restricted use of an unregistered vehicle for which the appropriate Transport Accident Charge and Permit Fee have been paid. The Permit Scheme consists of a logbook which the holder or the authorised driver will fill out at the start of each day on which the vehicle is to be used. Logbooks will not be required to be filled out if the vehicle travels less than 100 metres from its garaged address. Once the logbook has been filled out the vehicle may be used for any purpose, club event or not.
  • Importantly, it is a VicRoads requirement that all vehicles participating on CPS must be in a safe working condition. If a vehicle will not pass a roadworthy certificate, then it is deemed not safe to use. The onus of vehicle safety is totally with the CPS holder/driver. If AHSDC becomes aware that a vehicle is being driven in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition, the Club is obliged to promptly notify the member of the suspected safety issue(s) and require any such issues be rectified within 14 days. Full details and requirements of the scheme are shown below.

Club Permit Scheme Logbook Requirements

  1. AHSDC will not endorse an initial application for a Club Permit unless it is satisfied the vehicle included in the application is an eligible vehicle, is safe for use on a highway, and complies with any relevant safety standards notified to the Club by VicRoads. In each case, the Club must either ensure compliance with Club’s statement of safety, or sight a current Certificate of Roadworthiness for the vehicle or, in the case of street rods, sight an authorised street rod inspection report.
  2. The Club will maintain a Register of Club Permit vehicles operated by its members and will, within 14 days after a written request to do so by VicRoads, a) provide a current copy of the Register to VicRoads; b) cross-check the Register against records provided by VicRoads and notify VicRoads of any discrepancies.
  3. If the Club becomes aware a Club Permit vehicle operated by one of its members may not be safe for use on a highway, the Club will promptly notify that member of the suspected safety issue(s) and require that any such issues be rectified within 14 days.
  4. The Club will promptly notify VicRoads if it becomes aware of or reasonably suspects:
    a) a pattern of incorrect use of a Club Permit logbook by one of its members
    b) a vehicle operated by one of its members under a Club Permit is not an eligible vehicle
    c) one of its members has ceased to be a financial member of the Club
    d) one of its members has failed to restore a vehicle to safe condition following a notification Item 3, in accordance with the terms of that notification
    e) a vehicle operated by one of its members under a Club Permit has been sold or otherwise disposed of and the Club Permit logbook and Club Permit were not destroyed on disposal as required by the Regulations, and/or the Club Permit number plates were not removed
    f) a vehicle operated by one of its members under a Club Permit has been disposed of with the intention of undermining the Scheme (that is, the vehicle has been “sold” to a friend or relative so that another Club Permit logbook can be obtained, but the vehicle continues to be driven by the previous owner)

A failure by an approved club to comply with these responsibilities may result in VicRoads revoking the approval of the club, by notice in writing to the club secretary, including the reasons for the decision. The club will have a right to appeal that decision.

Under the Scheme, Permit holders will no longer be restricted to club-sanctioned activities when using the vehicles. Vehicles will be able to be used at any time for any purpose. However, they will be restricted to a total of 90 days use per year. Club financial members will be able to apply for either a 90-day permit or a 45-day permit depending on how much use they expect to make of their vehicles over a 12 month period. If a person obtains a 45-day permit but later decides this is not enough, another 45-day permit may be purchased from VicRoads. However, no one will be allowed to obtain a permit to drive their vehicle for more than 90 days each year. Vehicles will be able to be used without a permit within 100 metres of the vehicle’s garaged address.

Apply for a new Club Permit

If you have a new car to put on the club permit scheme, or are transferring a car from another club or from another member, then the following requirements apply:

  1. You need to download or obtain from VicRoads and fill in the “Club Permit Application” and the “Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration” forms. Both these forms then need to be signed by the club permit officer, Warren Reid. If Warren Reid is unavailable, other club signatories are available (see below).
  2. Any signatory signing off the “Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration” MUST SIGHT THE VEHICLE FOR WHICH THE CLUB PERMIT IS BEEN APPLIED FOR and to assess the extent (if any) of modifications.
  3. You must obtain a current Victorian Roadworthy Certificate for the vehicle and supply a copy to the Club Signatory.
  4. You must fill in the AHSDC Acknowledgment form (if not already done so) and return to Warren Reid (these can be supplied by Warren)
  5. You must supply 7 (time stamped) photos covering the various details of the car as shown below to Warren Reid. Preference is for electronic versions of photos.
  6. Once items 1 to 5 have been addressed then you take the signed club signatory forms along with the RWC to a VicRoads office and pay for either a 45 or 90 day permit and receive the plates to place on the car.

Photos required for a new Club Permit:

  1. RWC
  2. Chassis number
  3. Engine number
  4. Front of car
  5. Driver side
  6. Through driver door
  7. Back of car

Renew a Club Permit

  1. You must fill in the AHSDC Acknowledgment form (if not already done so) and return to Warren Reid (these can be supplied by Warren)
  2. Have the Club Permit renewal form signed by a club signatory (see below)
  3. Pay the Club Permit renewal fee at either online or at a VicRoads office
  4. To pay online, you must:
  • have, or sign up for, a myVicRoads personal account
  • ensure the car is accurately listed in your account
  • scan and upload the CPS renewal form, signed by a club signatory.

Club Signatories:

  1. Warren Reid (Club Permit Officer) 9 Giana Court, RINGWOOD NORTH 3134. Mob: 0432 604 076  email: bugeye2@optusnet.com.au
  2. Mike Welsh
  3. Owen Crombie
  4. Garry Neeman

More information on the requirements of the scheme and relevant forms can be found on the VicRoads website.