VICROADS Club Permit Scheme
The AHSDC is an approved club for administering the Club Permit Scheme (CPS) for its members. Cars can be placed on the CPS if they are more than 25 years old.
New AHSDC CPS Application Requirements
- Ensure that your club membership is paid up and you have also paid the $10 club permit fee as part of the membership renewal process. New permits will not be processed unless the yearly $10 CPS fee and membership has been paid! These are due on 1st January each year and your permit is considered invalid by VICROADS if you have not paid your membership.
- Obtain a current Victorian Road Worthy Certificate for the vehicle. Alternatively, if you have the vehicle already on a CPS (in your name) with another club then you can transfer to the AHSDC without the RWC.
- Obtain the “Club Permit Application” and “Vehicle Declaration and Eligibility” forms from VICROADS (https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/get-a-club-permit).
- Get both forms (originals only) signed off by Warren Reid (mob:0432604076). If Warren Reid is unavailable, then other signatories listed below can also sign. Any signatory signing off the “Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration” must sight the vehicle for which the Club Permit is being sought and assess the extent (if any) of modifications, unless it is a known CPS car already.
- Submit 6x photos of the car (front, back, side, cockpit, engine no., Vin no.) and a copy of the RWC to email@example.com
- Take your signed CPS forms and RWC to a VICROADS office and pay for either a 45 or 90 day permit and receive the plates.
- Attach the permit plates to your car and sticker to your windscreen and ensure that you always carry the CPS logbook in your car (and filled out when driving!). Police can pull you over to inspect a log book. Incomplete log book details can incur a fine!
Yearly CPS renewals
- Ensure that your club membership is paid up and you have also paid the $10 club permit fee as part of the membership renewal process. Permit renewals will not be processed unless the yearly $10 CPS fee and membership has been paid! These are due on 1st January each year and your permit is considered invalid by VICROADS if you have not paid your membership.
- Once you have a car on the CPS, you will receive a yearly notification from VICROADS to renew the permit approximately 4 to 6 weeks before it is due (its good to make a note in your calendar when they are due.)
- There are 2 ways of renewing your CPS:-
- Get your Club CPS permit renewal signed by one of the signatories (see below). If snail mailing, please include a stamped envelope so we can return the signed permit to you. Proceed to a VICROADS office to pay the permit fee.
- If you have a “MYVICROADS” account then you can send a filled in “Club Permit Endorsement form” ( https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/renew-or-extend-a-club-permit ) to CPSadmin@ahsdc.org The club will digitally sign the form and then return to you so you can email to VICROADS and pay online. The form needs to be sent to us as an editable PDF!
- The AHSDC may ask to see and inspect any club permit car to ensure that the CPS rules and regulations are being adhered to.
- CPS Log books must be filled in before each journey, with each entry running from 12am to 11:59pm on a single day.
- CPS cars can be driven for any club or non club journey (including interstate), however they must not be used for commercial purposes.
- CPS cars must be kept in a roadworthy condition.
- If modifications are made to a CPS car then the club signatories need to be notified to assess compliance against VICROADS requirements.
- See VICROADS website for a full list of all CPS requirements:
Warren Reid (Club Permit Officer) 9 Giana Court, Ringwood North 3134. Mob: 0432604076
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, club scrutineers for new applications and car inspections – Warren Reid, Owen Crombie and Mike Welsh. Renewals – Warren Reid, Garry Neeman, Owen Crombie and Mike Welsh.